09 March 2014

Timeline

I've been thinking about how to set up a "schedule" for this sew along.  I want this to be a relaxed journey that can be enjoyed by everyone.  Originally, I thought we would sew through month of April, but I don't know if that stretches things out too long or not.  The timeline below is just a suggestion and can certainly be shortened, lengthened, or ignored at will. =)
  • Now - 15 Mar:  gather pattern, fabric, and notions; prep fabric
  • 16 Mar - 23 Mar:  make pattern alterations and muslins (if needed)
  • 24 Mar - 7 Apr:  construct shell and lining (if including a lining)
  • 8 Apr - 15 Apr:  finish and wear with pride
I plan to document my process both here and on my personal blog.  I invite everyone to do the same!

I think this is going to be a great adventure and I look forward to following everyone's progress.

L

14 comments:

  1. Yay!!!

    I have like 700 things for March but I'm excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the support and inspiration of a sew-along to make a huge project like a trench coat. Is there a preferred pattern? I have a few patterns in my collection for trenches, so I just have to pick up some fun fabrics and tons of bias tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, just read through some posts and figured that I have to pick my own. I will probably use the Vogue one I have.

      Delete
    2. Please join! I think this is going to be a fun project. It also helps that we can support each other as well.

      Delete
    3. The choice of pattern is up to you. I am starting with McCall's 5525 based on the reviews I read. If I'm really productive, I might even make two trench coats! A girl can dream, right? =)

      Delete
  3. I've picked my fabric and I already have McCall's 5525.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I'm still gathering material. Did I add you as an author, Dot?

      Delete
  4. Yikes! What's your email address?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly, I was able to round up all of my UFO pieces this past weekend, AND I was able to even find my pattern instructions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Michelle! Do share pictures. =)

      Delete
  6. Is it too late to join in? I think I'd like to try this with more a trench jacket, maybe then graduate to the coat. I have a gorgeous black and white linen for a jacket (no where near enough of it for a coat). And I have Burda trench jacket pattern. It even has gun flaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too late to join at all! I got busy at work and have yet to cut my fabric. I'll need your email address to add you as an author.

      Delete